Saturday, February 12, 2011

A little bit about us

Well, since this is the first post I better start from the beginning. Most everyone knows this story so I will abbreviate it for the rest. Dave and I met almost 10 years ago while I was in nursing school. We dated for a few months and then he joined the Coast Guard.  First station....Ketchikan, Alaska???? 
I just assumed he'd get Seattle but Alaska it was.  Dave was stationed to a 110 ft cutter, The Naushon, and I was in nursing school so the time seemed to fly by.  We continued this long distance relationship over 2 1/2 years of missed birthdays, graduations, and holidays.  On July 11, 2003 we got engaged!  We were then married the following summer when he was transferred back to Seattle, finally.



While living in Seattle, I worked for Virginia Mason Medical Center in the Urology dept.   It was the best group of physicians and staff and I still miss them.  Dave worked at the MSST, a unit created after 9-11 to help with Homeland Security.  Then we made the drive down to San Diego where Dave was transferred to for just a year.  I was able to find another Urology job at UCSD Medical Center and had a floor full of "moms" who fed me almost daily! 


Then in 2008, we made the cross-country trip to Cape Cod, MA.  We've been here for 2 1/2 years and it's been great so far.  I'm the Nurse Manager at an Ambulatory Surgery Center and have made some great friends here.  Dave is currently at an Aids to Navigation Team (ANT) in Woods Hole. 



Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy.  Keep checking back for more updates!!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love you two! I can't believe it's been 2.5 years in Cape Code already. Do you think you'll stay there much longer? I think I'm ready for your return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have another year before we find out our next station and will move a few months after that. So summer of 2012! Hopefully we will be making our way back West.

    ReplyDelete