Saturday, October 20, 2012

CRASH.BOOM.BANG.

It was a dark and stormy night....

Just kidding.  Late last month I was headed back from a derm appt.  It was a dry, sunny, end of summer day.  The kind of day where I was eager to go pick up Ellie from "school" early and hang out in the yard.

Unfortunately, that never happened.  I was involved in a 4-car accident.  Basically, the first two cars were slowing down to make a left hand turn across traffic.  The third car (car in front of me) failed to see this happening and crashed into the car front of him.   Since all this happened so fast, by the time I saw his brake lights he was literally 15 feet in front of me.  We were all traveling about 35-40 miles an hour so at that rate I slammed right into him.

Instantly my airbags deployed and smoke filled my car.  I got out and felt pain creeping in real fast. I was put in a C-collar and attached to a backboard.    The police, fire dept, and medics arrived and took me by ambulance to the hospital to get checked out for injuries.

Hours and hours later, and after x-rays and ct scans, I was cleared to go home.  I am very grateful for only having minor injuries and that everyone else was able to walk away unhurt.  It took a couple of weeks for the pain and stiffness from the accident to subside but I count my blessings everyday and am so thankful Ellie was not in the car.

Unfortunately, the car was totaled.  It was a great car, reliable little fella, and paid off.  So after dealing with all the claim paperwork we decided it was time to buy another car.  And this is what we got:



We loved our old Maxima so we wanted to get another one and loved the new body style.  Plus, we were able to get a great deal on it across the state line in Pennsylvania so we went for it.

Pictures of our old Maxima:



4 comments:

  1. Oh no, bummer news! But I love the new car. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so scary!! Glad you are ok and that Ellie was not in the car! The new car is so cute, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What in the world?!? I had no idea you were in a car accident. I suck at keeping in contact with you. How are you feeling now?

    ReplyDelete