Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ellie meets Grandma!

Ellie girl - 1 month old
Grandma Kae loving on Ellie

Well, today Ellie is 5 weeks old.  At her 1 month appt she weighed in at 9 lbs 5 oz.  I really can't believe how fast time is flying by.  I feel so blessed to be able to spend 3 months at home with this little girl.  I don't know how I'd manage if I had to go back to work after 6 weeks.  It just doesn't seem like enough time. 




We've had a lot of fun over the past few weeks.  My mom came to visit for Ellie's first Halloween.  It was so wonderful having her here. 



Thanks to her, my freezer is stocked with a lot of delicious foods like egg rolls and pork bulgogi (think Korean BBQ).  She makes some amazing Korean food that we can't get here on Cape Cod so we were stoked.  I even think I gained weight while she was here!  She was such a huge help with Ellie too.  I think Grandma's have the magic touch because Ellie seemed to fall asleep within seconds of my mom holding her.  And she kept her entertained and watched her throughout the day so I was able to get extra sleep and chores done around the house.  What a blessing!




Also, while my mom was here my half-brother Eric came up from Virginia for a visit too.  We got some pictures of Uncle Eric holding his niece.  Eric is a Red Sox fan so we went to Fenway one day for a park tour and walked around  Quincy Market in downtown Boston.  Ellie does great in the car so it was nice to be able to spend time with him while venturing out and about.






Next up is Thanksgiving and my dad will fly out to spend that with us.  We are excited for him to meet his granddaughter.  Can't wait to see him!

I just want to say CONGRATS to all of our friends who have recently welcomed their babies into the world.  There have been so many lately...I LOVE it!  Hope everyone is enjoying their fall, stay warm!

XOXO-

Nikki, Dave, Ellie and Niko





No comments:

Post a Comment