Monday, October 24, 2011

So in LOVE....

What an absolute joy being a momma has been so far.  Dave and I were talking about how fast you get to learn your newborn once you are home with her.  It's been so much fun!  Not only am I in love with our Ellie but with the daddy Dave has become.  It's so amazing watching him with her.  He took on the role without any qualms and has been an incredible help around the house and with her while he's been on paternity leave the last 17 days.

Today is his first day back to work so now it's just the little nugget and I for the next 3 months.  I'm so grateful that she is a good eater and sleeper throughout the day.  She's starting to get a little feisty if she goes too long without eating....but so do I!  And she's so alert.  She just stares around her surroundings with those big dark eyes.  I just stare at her doing this and forget that I can put her down in her travel bassinet or in the swing.  The car seat = LOVE!  Once she's in that thing she's out.  We've already ventured out quite a bit doing some shopping and going out to eat.  Luckily, she's never fussed while in the car seat while we've been out in public. 

I know you other moms are thinking, "oh, just you wait...".  And I'm sure that I will get my share of all-out tantrums and screaming fits as she gets older.  But for now, I'll take my angel baby and relish in it.  =)

We also had our newborn photo session.  There was lots of pee and poop on me, the photographer, and the props but it was so fun to watch all the fun pictures being captured during our 2.5 hour session at home.  I can't say more great things about our photographer.  For all you MASS folks, if you are looking for a photographer for family, baby, birthday, etc occasions please consider Ashleigh-Faye Photography.  She is amazing and so, so easy to work with.  I will post those pictures once they are all edited.

Here are some pictures of Ellie over the last week or so.

watch out world!
Ellie hanging out with her girlfriend Bella
daddy daughter time at the pediatricians office
She loves baths
Dave being silly with his girl

trying out her boat cradle


love this face!!!!!



 There are so many more babies about to make their debut!  Good luck to Beth, Tamika, Monica, and Bobbie!  Can't wait to see all your beauties.  Have a great week everyone!

1 comment: