Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On the road again....

Sunny-Snowy-Sunday for Skating
neighborhood pond on Cape Cod

Two of our very good friends were recently hospitalized following cardiac issues.  I know they were going through a lot, but it was even hard for us to deal with it all being far away.  So we decided it was time to head back up to Boston and the Cape to visit.

We packed up the car and our sweet little thing and headed off to Mass.  First stop, Louis' Lunch in New Haven, CT (Yale University).  We first heard about this place on the Food Network last year sometime.  They claim to be the birthplace for the hamburger.  So of course we had to go :)  There isn't much on the menu except for hamburgers, cheeseburgers, potato salad, chips, and pie of the day.  I pretty much tried it all (except the chips) and hands down- my favorite part- the strawberry rhubarb pie!!!  I can never pass up that stuff and I was so glad I didn't this time either...delish!!

The three upright stoves on the left are used to cook the burgers.

We then scooted across the Mass Pike and into Boston to see the Pieroways.  I love this family.  Ellie is lucky enough to have two new Pieroway friends making their debuts this year.  Hillary Pieroway is having a GIRL and we still have a few more weeks before finding out what Jess is having.  For the first time in forever, the 6 of us went out to dinner sans babies.  We all had a great time, just wished we didn't have to leave so we could do that all the time.

Owen and Ellie playing while us moms and dads were out


The next day we went down to the Cape to visit Ellie's BFF Bella.  These girls were hilarious together! We snapped a lot of pictures...sorry!  

Kisses :)

Playing in the bookcase cabinets


I got you!!



Later on we went to my friend Lisa's house.  She was my old boss at the surgery center on the Cape.  Since she was still on the mend from surgery, we brought over tons of food and started cooking.  We had Korean Ribs, peanut chicken, stir-fry and noodles, and garlic green beans.  I even had an extra bag of ribs for them to freeze.  It was hard seeing her in pain and not her normal self, but I'm so glad she is doing better. Before we know it she'll be back at it running and killing her previous times :)

There are always a ton of people we want to see and say hi to but time just limits us.  Now we are back home, unwinding, and gearing up for the big game this weekend.  Hope everyone has a great week!!!





4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friends, I hope they're doing better. Strawberry rhubarb pie is one of the best things on the planet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie and Bella are way too cute!! :) I hope your friends who were hospitalized get better asap!

    ReplyDelete