Sunday, September 1, 2013

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal

Labor Day Weekend - 2013

My husband's parents passed away 15 years ago.  His mother in June, his father this very weekend.  It's always a somber reminder of how fragile life is and how important it is to share-and to love-and to just enjoy every experience with your loved ones,  never knowing when the last time might be.

So, we ventured into Philly for another visit.  It's hard.  Real hard.  It's never comfortable.  But it's very necessary as the grieving process is continual.  I know K and H would be so proud of the man my husband has become:  the husband, father, military man, the good hearted, dedicated man.  NO DOUBT they are smiling down on him every day and enjoying the view.

I just wish with all my heart the little one had another set of grandparents, that I got to meet them.  That they could be here so we could selfishly enjoy our life's milestones and experiences with them.  But I know they are smiling down....









1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a heartfelt post, and what a wonderful way to remember them every year.

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete