Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pickers...

... of APPLES!!!!!!!




Just. Can't. Stop.  


Dave and I have been apple picking now for 5  consecutive falls.  It's one of my favorite things to do.  I love apples.  And apple pies, apple crisp, apple cake, apple cider donuts, apple sauce, apple pie moonshine, apple fritters.......  You get the idea.  

After doing this for a few years now you'd think we would grasp the idea of ONLY picking what we need/can use within a short period of time. Um....no.  This year's bounty:  44lbs of apples and 6 pounds of Italian plums.  Seriously?!  

So, the apple pie moonshine making commenced pronto and a sack of apples and a handful of plums went to one neighbor = down 10 lbs!  :)  

Ellie had a blast and it was fun having her help pick this year too.  She absolutely loved the plums and probably had about 5 of them....oops.  Anyway, here are some pictures from today's annual trip to the orchard.  Enjoy!!!!

Saying hi to the chickens before we got started



Me and my girl
Running through the orchard

Her "Cheese!" face




Until next year!




1 comment:

  1. I think apples might be my very favorite thing about fall. I remember picking them at my grandparent's house and making cider... LOVE!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete