Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby moon: 21 Weeks!

I'm officially past the half way mark of the pregnancy! In addition to that excitement Daddy Dave graduated with his Associate's of Science degree from Vincennes University via the Coast Guard. About 20 other Coasties graduated with him at a nice ceremony on base.

To celebrate his accomplishment, my birthday, and one last hurrah before Ellie arrives we decided to take a nice, tropical vacation to Puerto Rico and then the Bahamas. We are so, so excited to be able to get away and just unwind for 10 days! I'm actually writing This update in the Orlando airport and will post it later with pictures.
21 weeks in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico



View from our hotel room in Rincon, Puerto Rico

Amazing rock formations at the Steps Beach
Hiking down to Surfers Beach

Surfers Beach, all to ourselves!



Beautiful Poinciana Trees
Group dinner in Rincon
Baby wise, there's a lot of growing going on. People are beginning to notice the bump, although I still feel like I just look a little chubby through the midsection unless I'm wearing a fitted shirt. :) She's now the size of a small melon (which I think is crazy) !! No wonder my bladder has started to scream at me every few hours! And, she is now swallowing. Some research says that her taste buds can pick up the taste of the foods I eat. I'm hoping she won't give us any grief over all the veggies and fruits then!

On Sunday, June 5th, after a nice overnight trip to Rincon, Puerto Rico, Dave and I were getting ready for bed when Ellie girl started moving around in my belly. She was going to town for about a good 5-6 minutes. That was the perfect opportunity to see if Dave could feel her and he did! It was such an exciting moment for the both of us! We love you sweet girl. Can't wait to meet you in October!!!!



2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I loved that first time when Will could feel Sawyer! I hope you are having a wonderful pregnancy and all the best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Nikki, I used to spoon behind Tom so he could feel John kick him in the back during the night :)

    ReplyDelete