Tuesday, August 23, 2011

32 Weeks- Aunt Kanya visits Cape Cod



32 weeks down....8 more to go!  Holy Moly.  It's been another fun week with lots of changes going on in the Edelson household.  According to babycenter.com Baby Girl Ellie:  weighs nearly 4 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long. Over the next seven weeks, your blossoming babe may gain half his or her birth weight. 



Well, I can tell you that she is definitely filling out her cozy space.  My belly is starting to feel tight and has bellowed out so much in the last few weeks.  I have felt some Braxton Hicks contractions and still get a kick out of watching her dance around under my belly.  More and more random strangers have asked about the pregnancy and when I'm due.  I forget sometimes that, yes, I do have a belly sticking out, which is why they are asking.  But it's fun for now, since I won't be getting that kind of attention for too much longer.  =)

Josh and Kanya

 Our good friends Kanya and Josh came for a visit from Arizona.  Kanya and I used to be neighbors in Seattle and quickly became great friends.  We've kept in touch over the years, through all of our moves, and have made a couple of fun trips to Vegas together. With her she brought lots of goodies for Ellie and I.   Little girl stuff really is so darn cute!  Thank you Aunt Kanya for everything....you really spoiled us.
The shirt says "I love my auntie Kanya"


Coach diaper bag filled with clothes, blankets, and a pair of baby shoes.

Trying out the Baby Bjorn that my dad bought Dave!  I know it's silly...but we can't help using Niko as our guinea pig!




While they were here on the Cape we were able to be tourists on Martha's Vineyard, Boston, and around our little village.  And the girl loves to shop so of course we hit up the Wrentham Premium Outlets.


On our Harbor Cruise in Boston
 
Views of the city and Coast Guard base from the Harbor



Beautiful buildings in Boston



Showing some Bruin pride!

The original Cheers

Now we are gearing up for week 33 and more family coming in for a visit to round out the month.  Hopefully we will be able to fit in the post-delivery baby care classes that Dave wanted to sign up for before our upcoming trip to San Francisco.  Crazy, I know.  One last trip to SFO for a work conference.  I wasn't so sure if I'd be comfortable enough to fly but we decided last minute to go for it since I've been feeling so great and haven't had any major aches or pains.  The OB cleared me and said she felt it was safe and would leave the choice up to me.  Woo hoo... Ghirardelli here I come!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nikki I just discovered your blog it's so cute! I hope you don't mind if I follow along! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful! I love to see your belly grow! Can't wait to see your little one!

    ReplyDelete