Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July- 25 weeks




Week 25 started off with a great OB appt.  I was able to hear the baby's strong heartbeat again and am proud to say that I've gained a healthy 14.5 lbs.  I know the last trimester brings on the most weight gain but I'm hoping it's not too extensive!  I'm happy with the growth at this rate: not too big, not too small =)  We have a 3D/4D ultrasound next week.  I absolutely can't wait to go to that to see what our little girl looks like now that all the features are there. 


At this point she is a little over a foot long and about 1.5 lbs.  Her movements in my belly are becoming way more noticeable from the outside.  I wish I knew what parts of her were bulging out my stomach!

We had a great weekend full of 4th of July festivities.  On Saturday we went to the local farmer's market with a friend and her baby boy Dylan, then had a BBQ at our house with some friends.  Sunday we took it easy.  We just lounged and watched movies.  Then on Monday we went up to Marina Bay in Boston for a fun day on the boat. 
Niko scavenging for treats at the BBQ



Kimmie, Matt, Jess, Nikki, and Dave



Pieroways



Lobstah!  Can you believe we had this left over?!  So much food!!!

Fireworks weren't the only things sparkling that day....so was Jess's ring!!!!  Our friends Matt and Jess got engaged and we couldn't be happier for them!  We've known Matt since he and Dave were stationed together in Alaska.  And since we've been in MA, he and his family have taken us in like family.  We LOVE you guys and are so lucky to have you all in our lives.






Dave toasting Matt and Jess


 
Now it's back to work for a short week.  The weather continues to be sunny and warm so hopefully we'll get to the beach a lot this weekend.  Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!!!










3 comments:

  1. Baby!! :) I love seeing your pregnancy pictures and reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you Nikki! You have hardly gained any weight! I gained 44 at 38 weeks! I gained 55 with Taylor! You look great. Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing great James! I have a feeling the weight will start to pack on quickly now that I'm getting closer to the 3rd trimester. How are you? Keep that walking up! Hopefully she will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete