Saturday, July 23, 2011

Third Trimester!!

28 weeks

I am officially heading into the home stretch at 28 weeks!  And my body is definitely starting to feel the effects of all the changes.  I'm beginning to feel tired at the end of the work day and notice that it's hard for me to just pop out of bed in the mornings like I use to. In addition to that, I've noticed it takes more effort to walk up and down the stairs.  But luckily, I'm still sleeping fairly comfortably and haven't had an recent leg cramps. 

Ellie is still sitting very low but is slowly filling out her cozy space and moving upwards. I think she's going to have strong legs like her daddy Dave because I've felt a couple of good kicks that have taken my breath away for a second!  Hopefully that doesn't mean she's gonna be a thrasher as she gets older!!!

One thing I am worried about is how Niko is going to behave once Ellie arrives.  After all, he's been our only "kid" for the last 7 years.  I am always saying her name and talking about Ellie's "things" in hopes that when she is finally here he will remember the name and associate the two together.  He's definitely been curious about her nursery, the strolller/car seat, and even her new blanket that we got in the mail yesterday from our friends in Maine.  I had to snap this picture of him checking it out.  If anyone has advice on this...Please let us know!!!



This weekend was our 7 yr anniversary.  So to celebrate we had dinner at this place called 28 Atlantic in the Wequassett Resort.  The service and setting were absolutely amazing and perfect for a hot Cape Cod evening. They even gave us a gift to remember our "Special Occasion" with them.  It was two glasses with star fish etched into them.  I couldn't believe how thoughtful they were with their service! 




This was a sign designating a group of cottages on the property of the resort. It is the nickname I have for all little babies and kids, and the name I've been calling Ellie :)


Dinner views





1 comment:

  1. That picture of Niko makes me love him even more. So adoreable.

    I love how much David loves and adores you.

    ReplyDelete