Sunday, September 18, 2011

36 Weeks!


36 weeks, after a busy work day
  36 down, 4 more to go!  That's 28 days....wow!  Well, with her imminent arrival I think we have everything in place.  Her nursery is set, bags are packed, car seat installed, pediatrician is set up, etc, but I'm sure something will throw us for a loop.  That's what life is with a child right? I have no preconceived notions that everything will go perfectly or as I imagined so helpfully that will make this transition from being a couple to a family a little easier.

This last week has really come with a bunch of changes.  Ellie has really dropped quite a bit making sitting and sleeping a little challenging.  In addition, my energy level has decreased, my braxton hicks contractions are really stepping up, and I'm retaining a good amount of fluid (evidenced in my puffy hands, feet, and face).  But Dave keeps reminding me that we are in the home stretch and she's almost here.  I know it's all worth it and can't complain too much considering I was blessed with an easy pregnancy thus far. 

Baby wise, here are her stats:

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term,  yay!!! (babycenter.com)



Well, baby Ellie, we are ready to meet you!!! We love you so much and can't wait to welcome you to the world. =)

1 comment:

  1. Sooo sooo excited for you both. We can't wait to meet her!!! Hang in there Nikki!! You look amazing!! xoxo

    Hillary Rich Owen and Trudy <3

    ReplyDelete