Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hot Diggity Dog!

Baby Shower at 34 weeks

So, I'm seriously a walking furnace these days. A few people mentioned being warm during pregnancies but I'm a freaking sweaty mess at night! I feel like I just got insight on what menopause will be like for me in 20 years. And it's no fun!!! Normally I'm the cold one at night. But lately it's the other way around. No blanket, ac blasting, plus our ceiling fan and a fan on the dresser all going at the same time to keep me cool....ridiculous! Too bad I wasn't going through this during the New England winter.

At 34 weeks, Miss Ellie is doing a great job of keeping her momma warm and learning how to tickle with her hands and feet too. :) Every once in a while I feel tiny scratching movements where her hands and feet probably are. She also continues to have hiccups occasionally. It's the funniest little feeling.

Here are her stats according to babycenter.com: 
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well.

This weekend our good friends Allison and Mike hosted a "Jack and Jill" baby shower for us.  I can't tell you how lucky Dave and I are to have such a great support system of 'mommas' around us here.  Ellie Reese really is a lucky girl and got completely spoiled this weekend by this group of women (and men).  Thank you so much for everything!  It really means so much to us.  We love you all!!!







Trying on Ellie's "My First Halloween" bib

Trying on the "For Mom Only" gifts - Moisturizing socks

"Not Tonight Honey" eye mask! 

Little brotherly love
After a great shower, I am now in a nesting fury!  As I'm blogging this Ellie's wardrobe is getting washed.  The third load just went in (like I said earlier, spoiled).  We re-organized her closet and will be heading out later today to get more storage cubes for her things.  We even organized a large drawer in the kitchen for all her bottles, nipples, cleaning baskets, freezer bottles/bags, teethers, etc.  It is really happening now!  Now I can say we are having our baby NEXT MONTH!  Crazy!




To wrap this up, let me just say I feel very lucky to have a hysterical husband who keeps things light for me when I start to feel stressed with the upcoming changes.  Here's another funny perspective to help all you other mommy-to-be's out there:


Belly laugh: If only you'd known you were going to trade...

  • Monthly PMS for nine months of weeping
  • Lacy thongs for cotton tents
  • Sex for gas
  • Zinfandel for warm milk
  • Birth control for laxatives
  • Going to the gym for getting up to pee
  • Your waist for a hot-air balloon
  • Kickboxing for kick counts
  • Your innie for an outie – a way-outie
  • Sleeping for groaning
  • Freedom for the most intense love you've ever known (babycenter.com)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love her nursery! I seriously think it is my favorite one I have seen! I might be copying you in a couple years... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! You bet. It's been so fun to decorate. I wanted to make sure it was something we enjoyed being in since baby girl won't really care at her age. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie's room is so darling! She will be here so soon, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this room is sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete