Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 35 in San Francisco!


35 weeks-  all dressed up for our 70's style party in San Francisco
 I am almost in denial that our little girl will make her appearance in a matter of weeks!  We are so, so excited but it's such a surreal event to plan for.  I've been carrying her low the whole pregnancy but she has definitely dropped over the past few days.  I can tell because I am able to eat larger meals without feeling overly full and haven't had any heartburn in the last week.  On the other hand, I'm feeling more pressure on my bladder as a result of her making her way down.   I guess it's probably a good idea to get our bags packed soon!

According to babycenter.com:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Golden Gate Bridge


We just got back from an ASCOA conference in San Francisco.  Each year my company has their annual conference in a different city.  Last year we went to Scottsdale in November.  This year it was scheduled a couple months earlier so I was able to fly out to San Francisco to attend it. 

The agenda is always jammed packed full of lectures, discussions, and presentations but we were able to get in a little sight seeing while there.  I'd love to go back soon and spend some time in Sonoma and Napa and to spend more time with friends that are stationed there in the Coast Guard. 

Views of Alcatraz


All dressed up for the SHAG! party.  It was

a 70's themed party.



Lucy in the Sky

The weather couldn't have been more perfect.  It was sunny and cool, in the 70's, but was a welcomed change since it has been hot and humid here on the Cape.  I finally was not walking around sweating my butt off!  I was nervous about all the hills and walking I was gonna take on while in the city and probably pushed myself a little too hard a couple of days.  After all that walking and a long cross-country flight, these swollen ankles are getting a rest propped up all day.  Cankles are so not a good look on me!!!!!



Dave very proudly displaying his shoe purchase for his little girl....this could be a dangerous trend!

And of course no trip to San Fran is complete without fresh seafood that we don't normally have back home.  Yum!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun! San Fran is one of my very favorite cities. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'd love to get stationed out there!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures! The Tom's shoes are adorable and I have been seeing them on alot of little babies lately!!
    I haven't posted but want you to know that I think that your blog is a blast! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Peggy! We miss you guts so much. Hope you are doing well back in the PNW!

    ReplyDelete