Saturday, August 11, 2012

Busy Summer!

Before the ceremony
What a crazy and fun summer it has been.  After we moved to New Jersey Dave immediately left for Fort Leonardwood in Missouri for some training for his new unit.  Ellie and I quickly became adjusted to living on base, met all our neighbors, set up the house, then took a trip to Kansas City for my cousin Dana's wedding.

Our flight was uneventful, which was a blessing since it was my first time flying solo with Ellie Reese. I was really nervous about it but it actually went as smooth as it could have.  There seem to be quite a few kind gentlemen left in this world and I was sure to accept their help whenever they offered to carry a bag or open a door.  They must have seen the anxiety on my face with a baby in a stroller, a car seat bag, and my traveling backpack.  Ha!  Thank goodness for exceptional people!

Once we landed in KC, Ellie was the center of attention.  Her grandpa Vic flew in just a couple hours after I did and was loving on her like you couldn't believe. He even offered to watch her so all of the cousins could go downtown for a few adult beverages :}
All the Vogliardo siblings
Joey, Mike, Chris, Vic, Lisa Angie and Julie
Dana and Sam got married on what had to have been the hottest weekend of the summer.  It was hot!  Like 106 hot.  Thankfully she had an indoor wedding.  Everything was fabulous:  the ceremony, the reception, family and friends.  I had a blast!  It was so great to see all my cousins (except Gina) and catch up on everything.  I hope its not forever before we do it again.  

Me with my grandparents
Pappa Vic and I at the reception


All the cousins taking a celebratory shot

After the wedding, we came home and were able to spend 3 days with Dave before we got called out for a deployment in Puerto Rico.  So I've been keeping busy painting Ellie's room (those pictures to come once it's all complete), landscaping, playing, exploring, and just cleaning this house....all the time, now that we have a crawler on our hands!  

Dad spending some quality time with his girl before he had to take off again




A recap of things we've done since we've done this summer:

Exploring the Jersey Shore





 Practicing our walking skills

 Hanging out with mom :)
 Pulling up to stand
 Coast Guard Day

 Showing off new tricks
 Giggling
 Chasing our shadows

Ripping up toilet paper
Qualifying for baby Olympics at the gym

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer too!

The Edelsons.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the move went well... hope you spot the cast of Jersey Shore at some point! ;-)

    ReplyDelete