Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Seton Hall University!!!!

Back at school.  I really didn't think I'd be saying that at this time of my life but I am.  With the move to New Jersey, Ellie still being little, and the fact that it's taking FOREVER for my nursing license to transfer over, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to go to grad school for my MHA.  So, I applied, got accepted, and am now up in Parsippany, NJ for my orientation residency of my two year program,

SHU has a great reputation for their MHA program and have faculty teaching their courses with incredible credentials.  During the three residencies they put you up in a hotel to meet with your group, professors, do group work, and listen to two credits worth of lectures and discussions.  Obviously, with the healthcare reform and managed care being hot topics, our discussions are very interesting and quite informative.

We also get to spend some time on campus for some of our residency and it brings back memories of being back at UW as a freshman.  When I first stepped onto campus I immediately felt like I was at a small scaled UW just by the buildings and the quad.  It was crazy to see all the freshman (who made me feel so old!) moving in and buying all the books and wearing all the SHU gear.

And this is all great but I do miss my family!  This was my first time to leave sweet Ellie Reese and it's been hard!  Luckily, Dave's Aunt Bonnie was able to watch her during the time that this residency overlapped with Dave being gone for training.  Of course I had to pick up a little something for her :)


Dave ended up coming up to the Hilton with Ellie for the last night of residency.  We had a good time mingling with my classmates and professors during the cocktail hour and dinner.  Ellie ended up staying up way past her bedtime but faired quite well.  I was so thankful he and Ellie could come up.....5 days was a long time away from my sweet family!


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love school and I think about going back again all the time. Enjoy! Have you run into the cast of Jersey Shore yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah! I'm so excited to be back in school. So much to learn and so many amazing opportunities to rein in!

    No Jersey cast mates yet, but I've seen plenty wannabes!

    ReplyDelete